If weather conditions during winter, such as heavy falls of snow, make roads or pavements dangerous to use, residents can make use of the gritting facilities around the parish.
Grit bins are the responsibility of Gloucestershire County Council Highways department. The Parish Council inspects the bins and ensures they are ready for use prior to and during winter. If you notice a problem with a grit bin in the parish, please contact the Parish Clerk with details.
Grit bins are located as follows in the parish:
- Location 1
- Location 2
- Location 3
- Location 4
Hand-operated gritters are available in Dumbleton and Wormington for use by residents in conjunction with the grit bins. Please note that this is a self-help facility and is not part of the Council’s responsibility.
The Parish Council accepts no responsibility for personal injury, death or damage to property when using the machine.
If you wish to use one of the gritters, please contact the Parish Clerk on 07950 118355
Use of the hand-operated gritter
- Ring the clerk to get full details of where to collect the gritter
- You will need to sign a release form and provide contact details
- The Parish Council accepts no liability whatsoever for personal injury, death or damage to property to the user or by the user.
- Normal safety procedures should be followed at all times, including:
- users should dress for cold weather, wear stout shoes and gloves
- only operate the spreader when no traffic is present
- it is preferable that two people are present – one to check traffic and one to operate the gritter
Full operating instructions can be downloaded from here