The Parish Council is looking for your views on implementing a Neighbourhood Plan for the parish. Please complete our very short online survey here by 31 October 2021.
What is a Neighbourhood Plan?
It’s an important and powerful tool that gives communities like ours statutory (legal) powers to help decide how their area develops.
In very simple terms, a neighbourhood plan is:
- A set of planning policies for the parish which are used to help decide on planning applications
- Written by you, the people who know and love the area, rather than the local planning authority
- A legal measure to help the community to get the right types of development in the right place
A Neighbourhood Plan is community-led – it’s researched, written and voted on by the people who live in the community – you.
A Neighbourhood Plan has to, by law, engage with the whole community, including:
- all residents in the parish local businesses in the parish
- community groups and organisations
- schools and educational establishments
There’s a huge amount of talent within our parish and everyone can be involved in developing a Neighbourhood Plan. You can learn much more at the Neighbourhood Planning site
You can also learn more here
Be part of the future of the parish
We need you to decide on a Neighbourhood Plan.
Please take the time to read the leaflet that has been sent to every home in the parish, visit the Neighbourhood Plan site and learn more about why a Neighbourhood Plan can help all of us with the parish’s future.
Most importantly, let us know if you’re in favour of a Neighbourhood Plan by completing your survey by 31 October 2021.
You can access the survey here – it takes a minute to fill in and will help with the future of the parish for decades to come.