Arts Council England Let’s Create Jubilee Fund
The Let’s Create Jubilee Fund will be supporting community groups and organisations throughout the UK to create cultural and artistic events to celebrate the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee in June 2022. Gloucestershire Community Foundation is managing this fund locally on behalf of Arts Council England. Grants will be awarded up to £5,000 (larger grants may be available) to support a wide-range of creative community projects including music, theatre, dance, visual arts, literature, combined arts – including festivals and carnivals, museum and library activities. Projects will be expected to culminate in a community event in June to mark the jubilee. Parish/Town Councils are eligible to apply for a community project that involves the wider community.
Here are some project examples:
- Local residents and artists creating and performing a community play inspired by and about the jubilee
- A neighbourhood inviting artists or a musician into their community space to perform
- A spoken word and poetry event
- A virtual reality video
- A carnival
- A photography exhibition celebrating local images from the past 70 years, chosen and presented by a professional curator and gallery technician
- An outdoor music performance with new music created by local young people
- A street party featuring food, music and art from the different cultures of local residents
Please see attached information. Further information also available on the GCF website Arts Council England Let’s Create Jubilee Fund – Gloucestershire CF. The deadline is 28th February.
Community Funding Officer
Tewkesbury Borough Council
T: 01684 272192